THE CORRELATION BETWEEN STUDENTS’ SELF-EFFICACY AND THEIR SPEAKING PERFORMANCE

Maulida, Nisa Aghnia (2016) THE CORRELATION BETWEEN STUDENTS’ SELF-EFFICACY AND THEIR SPEAKING PERFORMANCE. S1 thesis, Universitas Pendidikan Indonesia.

[img]
Preview
Text
S_ING_1105153_Title.pdf

Download (158kB) | Preview
[img]
Preview
Text
S_ING_1105153_Abstract.pdf

Download (124kB) | Preview
[img]
Preview
Text
S_ING_1105153_Table_of_Content.pdf

Download (137kB) | Preview
[img]
Preview
Text
S_ING_1105153_Chapter 1.pdf

Download (212kB) | Preview
[img] Text
S_ING_1105153_Chapter 2.pdf
Restricted to Staf Perpustakaan

Download (317kB)
[img]
Preview
Text
S_ING_1105153_Chapter 3.pdf

Download (415kB) | Preview
[img]
Preview
Text
S_ING_1105153_Chapter 3.pdf

Download (415kB) | Preview
[img] Text
S_ING_1105153_Chapter 4.pdf
Restricted to Staf Perpustakaan

Download (399kB)
[img]
Preview
Text
S_ING_1105153_Chapter 5.pdf

Download (210kB) | Preview
[img]
Preview
Text
S_ING_1105153_Bibliography.pdf

Download (177kB) | Preview
[img] Text
S_ING_1105153_Appendix 1.pdf
Restricted to Staf Perpustakaan

Download (651kB)
[img] Text
S_ING_1105153_Appendix 2.pdf
Restricted to Staf Perpustakaan

Download (228kB)
[img] Text
S_ING_1105153_Appendix 3.pdf
Restricted to Staf Perpustakaan

Download (356kB)
[img] Text
S_ING_1105153_Appendix 4.pdf
Restricted to Staf Perpustakaan

Download (232kB)
[img] Text
S_ING_1105153_Appendix 5.pdf
Restricted to Staf Perpustakaan

Download (77kB)
[img] Text
S_ING_1105153_Appendix 6.pdf
Restricted to Staf Perpustakaan

Download (423kB)
Official URL: http://repository.upi.edu

Abstract

This study examines students' self-efficacy on performing speaking. This study aims to discover at which level of self-efficacy that students belong to. By looking at students' self-efficacy level, this study seeks to find out its correlation with speaking performance. This study involves 36 students of 8th grade in a junior high school in Bekasi. The instruments used in this study are Self-Efficacy Questionnaire and speaking tests. The results of questionnaire show that the majority of students fell into medium self-efficacy level. Thus, the correlation on speaking test 1 (ST1) is (r = .52, p = .001) and (r = .57, p = .002) for speaking test 2 (ST2). These prove that the H0 is rejected and H1 is accepted, which means that there is a moderate positive correlation between two variables. Therefore, students who had high self-efficacy are also good at performing speaking tests and vice versa. Total variations of 28% in ST1 are explained by students' self-efficacy level, and the other 72% are predicted by other factors. Further, 33% of total variations in ST2 are explained by students' self-efficacy level, and the other 67% are predicted by other factors. These results reveal that the correlation between students' self-efficacy and ST2 was stronger than the first ones. It also indicates that students' true ability will be shown when they are given an impromptu test.;--- Penelitian ini membahas tentang self-efficacy siswa dalam berbicara Bahasa Inggris. Tujuan penelitian ini adalah mengetahui tingkat self-efficacy siswa. Dengan mengetahui tingkat self-efficacy siswa, maka penelitian ini juga memiliki tujuan untuk mencari korelasi antara self-efficacy siswa dengan penampilan mereka dalam berbicara Bahasa Inggris. Penelitian ini melibatkan 36 siswa kelas 8 Sekolah Menengah Pertama di Bekasi. Instrumen yang digunakan pada penelitian ini adalah kuisioner Self-Efficacy dan tes berbicara Bahasa Inggris. Hasil dari kuisioner menunjukkan bahwa mayoritas siswa masuk ke dalam kategori medium self-efficacy. Korelasi pada tes berbicara pertama adalah sebesar (r = .52, p = .001) dan (r = .57, p = .002) pada tes berbicara yang kedua. Hasil tersebut membuktikan bahwa H0 ditolak dan H1 diterima, dimana hal ini menunjukkan bahwa terdapat korelasi yang signifikan antara kedua variabel. Hasil hipotesis ini juga menjelaskan bahwa siswa yang memiliki tingkat self-efficacy tinggi juga memiliki kemampuan berbicara Bahasa Inggris yang baik begitupun sebaliknya. Terdapat 28% dari nilai tes berbicara 1 dapat diprediksi oleh tingkat self-efficacy siswa, dan 72% lainnya dapat diprediksi oleh faktor-faktor lain. Kemudian, 33% dari nilai tes berbicara 2 dapat diprediksi oleh tingkat self-efficacy siswa, dan 67% lainnya dapat diprediksi oleh faktor-faktor lain. Hasil penelitian ini menunjukkan bahwa korelasi antara self-efficacy dan tes berbicara yang kedua lebih kuat dari pada tes berbicara pertama. Hal ini juga menunjukkan bahwa kemampuan siswa yang sebenarnya baru akan terlihat ketika mereka diberikan tes tanpa persiapan.

Item Type: Skripsi,Tesis,Disertasi (S1)
Additional Information: No. Panggil: S ING MAU t 2016 Pembimbing: I. Fuad Abdul Hamied, II. Muhammad Handi Gunawan
Uncontrolled Keywords: Self-Efficacy, Self-Efficacy Level, Academic Self-Efficacy, Speaking Performance, Self-Efficacy, Tingkat Self-Efficacy, Self-Efficacy Akademis, Penampilan Berbicara dalam Bahasa Inggris.
Subjects: L Education > LB Theory and practice of education > LB1603 Secondary Education. High schools
P Language and Literature > PE English
Divisions: Fakultas Pendidikan Bahasa dan Seni > Jurusan Pendidikan Bahasa Inggris > Program Studi Pendidikan Bahasa Inggris
Depositing User: Mr mhsinf 2017
Date Deposited: 16 Aug 2017 07:26
Last Modified: 16 Aug 2017 07:26
URI: http://repository.upi.edu/id/eprint/24967

Actions (login required)

View Item View Item